What is this
A project building small en fast uptodate containers for CI/CD purposes.
In doing so we hope to help in providing tools so developers can focus their project instead of the build pipelines
Why am i doing this.
after a while i saw 2 main ways gitlab pipelines where build
- Build 1 big do it all container, and reuse it for multiple steps, or do multiple steps in one job in a
- Using a plethora of docker containers from dockerhub, with no unity between containers, and a lot of customization in the before_script. which requires you the disable the whitelist feature in gitlab runner.
So this repository of docker containers will offer you
- all containers under 1 namespace
- mostly reproducible builds, only when the library images of docker hub (alpine/node/php/…) are pushed under an existing version tag would the build change
- example(s) with every container